New Delhi, June 18: After a violent face-off between Indian forces and People’s Liberation Army (PLA) in the Galwan Valley on the night of June 15, a high alert has been issued on Pakistan’s border Line of Control (LoC) on Thursday.
It is feared that Pakistan, which is constantly violating the ceasefire, can do a big act after Galwan incident.
For the first time after the Galwan incident, the Divisional Commander of India and China sat face-to-face on the LAC for the first time but this meeting which lasted for 6 hours was also inconclusive.
The Indian Army clarified in a statement late evening that after the incident no Indian soldier is missing.
High alert has been issued by Intelligence Bureau (IB) across LoC in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday after violent clashes in Galwan Valley.
DGP Jammu and Kashmir Dilbag Singh said after reviewing the security arrangements of Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh today that Pakistan may try to exploit the Ladakh deadlock to infiltrate more terrorists in our area.
“There can also be incidents of promoting violence in the Kashmir Valley and elsewhere under this guise, hence the red alert has been issued along the Line of Control (LoC) of India-Pakistan.
Major General Abhijit Bapat held a meeting with his Chinese counterpart today for the first time after the Galwan incident.
During meeting, he raised several aspects in front of the Chinese authorities regarding the clash that took place on the night of June 15–16. This general-level dialogue between military officials of India and China came to an end after more than six hours.
After this meeting, the Indian Army said in a statement that in the violent clash in the Himalayan region on June 15, all the personnel, except the martyrdom of 20 soldiers, including the Colonel, are accounted for and no soldiers are missing. Actually after this clash, there were unconfirmed reports of the disappearance of many soldiers.
The good news given by the Army is that the condition of the soldiers injured in the Galwan violence has improved considerably and no one is serious anymore. 18 soldiers are in the Army’s Leh Hospital, they will be able to go on duty in about 15 days. So far, 58 soldiers are admitted to other hospitals who can be sent back on duty within a week.
Meanwhile, shepherds of Ladakh areas have been asked by the army to move to safer places. The army and local administration will make arrangements for their stay and food.
The army has evacuated villages near Demchok and Pangong in the Union Territory of Ladakh. Citizens have been shifted to safer places. Some more villages will be evacuated in the days to come.