Chardham Yatra: Uttarakhand govt challenges HC’s decision in Apex Court

New Delhi, 30 June: The Uttarakhand government has approached the Supreme Court challenging the Uttarakhand High Court’s decision to ban the Chardham Yatra till July 7. On June 28, the High Court had ordered a stay on the Chardham Yatra till July 7.

The Uttarakhand government has said that the government has made elaborate arrangements for the Chardham Yatra. Chardham Yatra is a must for Uttarakhand. Keeping in mind the sentiments of the people, the High Court, while banning the Chardham Yatra, directed the government to make arrangements for live telecast of the rituals and ceremonies going on in the temples across the country.

The High Court had expressed dissatisfaction over the arrangements made by the state government for tourists and pilgrims during the yatra.

The court had said that instead of taking care of the feelings of some people, it is more important to protect everyone from the variant Delta Plus of the coronavirus.

How useful was this News?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 2

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this news.

As you found this news useful...

Follow us on social media!