New Delhi, 26 January: From morning to evening on the occasion of Republic Day, the agitation of the farmers continued on the streets of the National Capital.
In the said incident, a tractor driver died during the accident which has been confirmed by the Delhi Police Headquarters (HQ).
Delhi Police HQ released a video recorded from the scene that the said farmer tractor driver died due to overturning while driving the tractor at high speed.
Around 83 policemen were also injured in the agitation by farmers in Delhi, 45 of whom were admitted to the Trauma Center and 18 to the LNJP.
This is how tractor rally started getting violent
– 8.45 am – Farmers from Tikri and Singhu border broke into barricades and entered Delhi.
– 9.30 am – In Mukarba Chowk, Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar, the police stopped the farmers by planting dumper and barricades.
– 10.00 am – From Ghazipur, farmers also broke barricades and hit Delhi.
– 10.15 am – Violent clash between farmer and police on Mukarba Chowk and Meerut-Expressway.
– 10.30 am – Farmers vandalize the MCD dumpers standing on the road.
– 11.00 am – Mukarba Chowk, police fired tear gas shells to overcome the situation.
– 11.15 am – The farmers broke the barricades on the Karnal bypass and traveled towards Kashmirigrette.
– 11.30 am – Police also released tear gas shells on farmers who are still fighting near Akshardham.
– 12.15 pm – Internet services stopped in Ghazipur border, Tikari border, Mukarba Chowk and Nangloi etc.
– 12.15 pm – Farmers travelled to Vikas Marg and reached ITO.
– 12.45 pm – Police used force on ITO to release tear gas shells.
– 1.27 pm – The farmers travelled to the Red Fort.
– 1.30 pm – One died due to overturning of tractor near ITO on DDU route.
– 2.05 pm – Peasants climbed the Red Fort, hoisting the flag.
2.45 pm- Protesters pelted stones at police in Nangloi, police used force.
– 3.30 pm – Demonstrators vandalize vehicles on Vikas Marg.
– 4.09 pm – Emergency meeting at the residence of Home Minister Amit Shah, Home Secretary, IB Director also included.
– 5.50 pm – 15 CRPF companies deployed in Delhi.
– 6.15 pm – The meeting at Home Minister Amit Shah’s house ended after about two hours.