New Delhi, 23 August: Films and television serials will now be shot at a rapid pace amid massive spread of coronavirus disease across the country.
On Sunday, Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Minister Prakash Javadekar issued guidelines to start shooting films and television serials.
He said that film and TV serial production had been closed for almost six months. Shooting began partially in some states after permission. Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) have been issued in this regard. The special thing in this is that those who are playing the characters will not apply face masks and all the others will put on masks.
He said that on Sunday, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has issued a detailed SOP to resume work in the media world. SOP will create a safe environment for artists and employees.
Javadekar said that the SOP has been finalized after consultations with the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Javadekar also tweeted in this regard in which he gave detailed information about the shooting guidelines.
In the tweet, he said that the SOP recommends maintaining two yards at shoot locations and other work locations, this will help in crowd management and create a safer environment.
He said that at least contacts, physical contact and hairstylists should ensure PPE, not sharing props and makeup by artists.