Ayodhya, July 05: Security arrangements have been tightened in Ayodhya ( Ram Nagari) on Sunday, the 14th anniversary of the suicide attack on Ram Janmabhoomi on July 5, 2005 on the auspicious day of Guru Purnima festival.

On all the routes of entry into Ramnagari, along with the local police, the officers are being seen preventing visitors and tourists from entering into Ayodhya city by intensive checking of the four-wheeler vehicles and their goods.

In view of the danger of coronavirus, devotees coming from outside in all the temples are being stopped and a complete ban has been imposed for bathing at Saryu Ghat.

However, security is already tight in Ayodhya following the ban at the Sawan Mela in the corona era.

Today, security was increased due to Guru Poornima. Ayodhya Dham border is sealed.

Senior police superintendent (SSP) Ashish Tiwari has been inspecting the police security system at Ayodhya including Naya Ghat Bandha Tiraha, Ranopali Tiraha, Terdi Bazar, Ram Janmabhoomi Entrance Road, Booth No-4 Entrance Road and other routes of entry to Ayodhya since morning.

 Along with this, police personnel are searching the city hotel, Dharamshala and railway station. People from intelligence agencies IB (Intelligence Bureau) and LIU (Local Intelligence Unit) are keeping their eyes on the suspects. All those going on the paths of Ram Janmabhoomi are being closely monitored.

It is noteworthy that on July 5, 2005, Pakistan-based terrorist outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba carried out a major suicide attack near the Kaushlesh Kunj Sanskrit College near Bariketing and Watch Tower 12 of Ram Janmabhoomi campus in which five Lashkar terrorists had planned to blow up Ramlala in a makeshift structure with a rocket launcher. Due to the hard work of CRPF, PAC and local security forces, this suicide attack was not successful.

However, in retaliation to this attack, CRPF killed five terrorists who were said to be native of Pakistan and thwarted the attack. Two local civilians were also injured in the attack and some policemen also suffered injuries.

In the same case, in the month of June 2019, the Allahabad Court acquitted one assistant and four other assistants who helped to carry out the suicide attack were sentenced to life imprisonment for their involvement in the incident.