Lucknow Police arrest two for kidnapping KGMU’s dentist

Share this post on:

Lucknow, December 10: Two miscreants have been arrested by the Vibhut Khand police in Gomti Nagar area of Lucknow in connection with the kidnapping and demanding ransom from King George’s Medical University (KGMU) dentist. A woman kidnapper was also arrested, police told.

Deputy Commissioner of Police Sanjeev Suman informed that Dr Akhilesh Kumar Choubey had filed a complaint in the matter of demanding a ransom of Rs 30 lakh to avoid his own kidnapping by two gangsters.

After this, the police started investigating the case. On Thursday, the police arrested the accused Sachin Rawat, a resident of Unnao district and Kahkshan Khan alias Neeshu, a resident of Delhi’s JK Colony.

During an interrogation, it has been revealed that Dr Akhilesh, a dentist in Lucknow’s KGMU had an acquaintance with the accused Neeshu’s elder sister Sana aka Tabasum Fatima aka Devanshi. Adil, Sachin, Balaram Verma and Pravesh are all five friends and live in a friend’s flat in Omax apartment. These five people had planned a kidnapping to demand a ransom.

According to the police, on the day of the incident, Adil’s wife Sana called Doctor Akhilesh to meet her at Omax apartment after which, Dr Akhilesh reached there to meet her, meanwhile, all five people caught the doctor and took out 30 thousand rupees from his pocket.

Not only this, they kept his four ATM cards with them and kept asking for more money from him. During this, the doctor got intoxicated and started blackmailing him by making pornographic photos with Nishu, police told.

After the ATM money ran out, kidnappers asked doctor to arrange for more money. However, doctor along with them reached a friend’s house to collect money. As soon as he reacheed his fellow doctor Santosh, Dr Akhilesh ran away from the spot and reached the police picket standing at the intersections, told everything to the police. After this the police got into action and nabbed Nishu and Sachin.

During interrogation, the accused admitted that they had exploited many people by implicating them in their web. The accused have been sent to jail and the police have launched a manhunt in search of others involved in this gang.