Losses of public property will be compensated by the rioters, if they fail to do so, their assets will be attached : says Amit Shah in Lok Sabha today

New Delhi, March 11: Union Home Minister Amit Shah termed the communal riots in North-East Delhi as a pre-planned conspiracy, saying that money came from abroad for riots whereas different medium of social media were used to instigate riots.

He said that Delhi Police is resorting to strong scientific investigation, videography tests and other evidence to locate and arrest people who have caused damage to property.

Shah assured that the property of such people will be confiscated and money will be recovered from them.

Replying to the discussion on Delhi violence on Thursday in the Lok Sabha, the Home Minister said that the government has written a letter to the Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court requesting to constitute a Claims Commission. This commission, headed by a High Court judge, will assess the damage to property and determine the amount of compensation for the affected people. This letter has been reached to the Registrar of the High Court today.

Shah said that according to the information received by the police so far, the violence in Delhi was prima facie a well-planned conspiracy.

“In this connection, three people have been arrested by the police so far for this conspiracy. Social media was also used extensively to create unrest in the capital during US President Donald Trump’s visit to India. Police have detected 60 Twitter and social media accounts that started on February 22 and were closed on February 26,” Minister informed in the Lok Sabha.  

He said that such people who close the account will not be able to escape from the police.

He said that 1100 people have been identified in cameras using people-identifying software. To arrest them, 40 teams have been formed which are working day and night.

Shah said that more than 700 FIRs have been filed so far in connection with the Delhi violence. 2647 people have been arrested and detained. The footage from Close Circuit TV (CCTV) is being scrutinized through 25 computers. The police have also asked citizens for photographs and footage taken by them.

The home minister also denied allegations by opposition members that he was busy with US President Donald Trump’s program rather than monitoring the Delhi violence.

“After attending the program in Ahmedabad, he came to Delhi in the evening and after that constantly kept an eye on the situation,” Home Minister clarified.

Shah said that he had sent National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval to inspect the riotous areas. He himself did not go to those areas because it distracts the police administration. Appreciating the Delhi Police for controlling the riots, the Home Minister said that the first notice of the incident of violence was received at 2 pm on February 24. The last incident of violence occurred on February 25 at 11 pm. It is evident that in only 36 hours Delhi Police overcame the riots.

The Home Minister said that due to the promptness of the Delhi Police, the riot was confined only to the north-eastern region of the capital and could not spread to other areas of the capital. Violence took place only in an area with a population of 3 million out of the total population of 170 million. The violence-ridden region has a mixed population. Due to the narrow streets in this most densely populated area of ​​the country, the police had to face difficulties in taking action.

The Home Minister assured Delhi and the countrymen that no person involved in the violence would be spared. Strict action will be taken against criminals without discriminating against caste and religion, which will prove to be a lesson for the rioters.

Shah urged the members not to view the Delhi riots from the perspective of religion. Instead of dividing the casualties on the basis of religion, he told the House that 52 Indians were killed, 526 Indians were injured and 142 houses and 371 shops were set on fire in the riots.

Explaining the background of the riots, Shah referred to the Congress’ public meeting held on December 14 at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act. Without naming Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, he said that the party president said in her speech that get out of the house, fight through it, it is a question of survival.

He said that another Congress leader said that if you do not leave now, you will be called a coward. The Home Minister pointed to the opposition benches and asked if it was not a hate speech.

How useful was this News?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 3

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this news.

As you found this news useful...

Follow us on social media!