Trouble: Kangana Ranaut’s plea for change of court in Javed Akhtar defamation case dismissed

Mumbai, 21 October: Mumbai’s Chief Magistrate Court on Thursday dismissed film actress Kangana Ranaut’s plea for change of court in the lyricist Javed Akhtar defamation case. Therefore, the Javed Akhtar defamation case will now be heard in the magistrate court in Andheri.

Kangana Ranaut’s lawyer Rizwan Siddiqui said that Kangana Ranaut’s presence is not mandatory in Javed Akhtar defamation case but Andheri Magistrate Court Judge R.R. Khan first issued summons against Kangana Ranaut, later issued a non-bailable warrant. For this reason, Kangana Ranaut lost her faith in the Andheri magistrate court and has demanded to change the court.

Meanwhile, Javed Akhtar lawyer Jai Bhardwaj said that Kangana Ranaut was absent for 6 consecutive times during the court hearing. Kangana Ranaut did not honour the court’s summons even after being summoned repeatedly by the court. For this reason, the Magistrate Court legally issued a non-bailable warrant against Kangana Ranaut.

Additional Chief Magistrate Court Judge ST Dande also discussed the matter with the Andheri Magistrate Court and after that dismissed Kangana Ranaut’s plea to change the court.

How useful was this News?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this news.

As you found this news useful...

Follow us on social media!