Namaz in Lulu Mall: Hindu Mahasabha attacks Lulu mall over namaz row

Share this post on:

Lucknow, 14 July: The Lulu Mall is embroiled in controversy just days after inauguration when videos of a few people offering namaz inside the retail mall went viral on the internet.

On Thursday, the Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha objected to the offering of namaz in the mall and called on all Hindus to boycott it.

Following this, the Akhil Bhartiya Hindu Mahasabha issued a warning, stating that if Namaz was delivered at the mall again, it will organize a protest by reciting the Sundar Kand.

Shishir Chaturvedi, national directive, for Hindu Mahasabha, stated “People offering namaz while sitting on the floor at Lulu Mall as seen by this video (d July 12), proving that governments were broken. The government has prohibited namaz from being offered in public places.”

“I would appeal to Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath to take action on similar incidents and ensure that it does not happen again,” Chaturvedi continued.

In addition, the Hindu organization filed a written complaint with the Lucknow Police on the viral video. A few social media users also voiced their displeasure with those offering namaz. Some others questioned why they were permitted to pray in public rather than in a designated prayer space.

The Hindu organization also asserted in the statement that since the mall’s opening, ‘love jihad’ has supposedly been preached there. It was reported that 80 percent of the personnel recruited at the mall belonged to the Muslim community, with the remaining 20 percent being Hindu girls, allowing for the beginnings of love jihad.