Case against Modi-Shah dismissed in US court

New Delhi, 15 December: US court has dismissed a $ 100 million suit against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah.

Decisions to cancel the state’s special privilege by granting Union Territory status to Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh and abolishing of Article 370 was challenged in the US court. Not only this, compensation of US $ 100 million was sought from Modi, Shah and Kanwal Jeet Singh Dhillon.

The suit was filed by the Kashmir Khalistan Referendum Front on September 19, 2019, ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s historic ‘Howdy Modi’ event held in Houston, Texas.

The trial challenged the decision of the Indian Parliament in which Article 370 was abolished by terminating the special privilege of Jammu and Kashmir last year.

Along with this, Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh were given separate Union Territory status.

Prime Minister Modi, Home Minister Shah and Lt. General Kanwal Jeet Singh Dhillon in the suit compensation of US $ 100 million were sought.

However, Dhillon is currently the Deputy Director General of Defense Intelligence Agency and Deputy Chief of Integrated Defense Staff under Chief of Defense Staff.

District Judge Franks Stacey of South Texas, in his order, said that the Kashmir Khalistan Referendum Front was given the opportunity to appear in court in the case through video conferencing for the first time on August 2 and second time on October 6. Despite this, the separatist Kashmir Khalistan Organization and two partners in both the courts did not appear in the court.

On this, Judge Francis H. Stacey of the US District Court South Texas gave his October 6 The order dismissed the case and recommended it.

The court said that apart from the Kashmir Khalistan Referendum Front, two other complainants have not been identified. Representing those who filed the case in the court, separatist advocate Gurpatwant Singh Pannun did it.

According to court records, the Kashmir Khalistan Referendum Front was able to provide summons to Modi, Shah and Dhillon at the Indian Consulate in Houston on February 18, 2020.

Judge Stacey stated that the Kashmir Khalistan Referendum Front would appear in court. Failing, he recommended that the case be dismissed, and the case was dismissed by Texas District Judge Andrew S. Heinen in Texas on October 22, 2020.

How useful was this News?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this news.

As you found this news useful...

Follow us on social media!