Basic Edu. Dept to provide free books, bags to over 1.80 cr students by August

Lucknow, July 30: The Uttar Pradesh government did not allow the education of primary school children to be interrupted even during the Corona period. With the introduction of online education of students, work is being done to deliver books to the homes of the students so that the education of the children is not affected.

On Friday, a government spokesman said that the Basic Education Department has so far printed 65 percent of the books and sent them to the districts. These books are being distributed to the students from the districts.

According to Text Book Officer Shyam Kishore Tiwari, the remaining books will be printed in ten days. The Basic Education Department distributes free text books and workbooks to the students of classes 1 to 8 studying in primary and upper primary, government and aided junior high schools, secondary schools and aided madrasas. In the last session, workbooks along with free text books were distributed to 1 crore 83 lakh 72 thousand 932 students of council schools, while in the current 2021-22, books are to be distributed to more than 1 crore 85 lakh students.

Shyam Kishore Tiwari informed that the work of printing of books is being done fast. Printing of 65 percent books of students of classes I to VIII has been completed. The printing of the remaining 35 percent of the books will be completed by the second week of August. The work of sending books to the districts is also being done expeditiously so that the books can reach the students from the districts quickly. Teachers have been engaged in book distributions, who are working to deliver books to the students’ homes.

Free bags given to 1.83 crore students

Free shoe stockings and sweaters were distributed by the government to 1, 59, 44,042 students in the last session 2020-21 in the council schools of the Basic Education Department. Apart from this, free school bags were distributed to 1.83 crore students.

How useful was this News?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this news.

As you found this news useful...

Follow us on social media!